Strategic Coherence of ODA-funded Research (SCOR) Board
The funding bodies involved are:
- Department for International Development (DFID); on behalf of all devolved administrations (Scottish Government, Welsh and Northern Ireland Assemblies)
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) (incorporating the existing Research Councils, Innovate UK and the research funding roles of the Higher Education Funding Council for England)
- Wellcome Trust
- Independent non-affiliated experts will also be recruited in Autumn 2018
The individuals on our SCOR Board are:
|Prof Peter Piot Independent Chair|
|Prof Charlotte Watts Chief Scientific Adviser, DFID|
|Prof Chris Whitty Chief Scientific Adviser, DHSC|
|Dr Sharon Ellis Director International Science and Innovation, BEIS|
|Prof Andrew Thomson Chief Executive, AHRC (UKRI representative)|
|Prof Fiona Watt Executive Chair, MRC (UKRI representative)|
|Prof Jeremy Farrar Director, Wellcome Trust|
The SCOR Board is supported by UKCDR’s team, hosted by the Wellcome Trust in London. The Board has met three times since its formation: in November 2017, March 2018 and May 2018.
Further information will be shared in due course.
UKCDR Advisory Council
An Advisory Council comprising expertise from our wider members ensures we have a diversity of opinions and views from across the international development research sector.