Strategic Coherence of ODA-funded Research (SCOR) Board
The funding bodies involved are:
- Department for International Development (DFID); on behalf of all devolved administrations (Scottish Government, Welsh and Northern Ireland Assemblies)
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) (incorporating the existing Research Councils, Innovate UK and the research funding roles of the Higher Education Funding Council for England)
- Wellcome Trust
- Independent non-affiliated experts
The individuals on our SCOR Board are:
- Prof Peter Piot (Chair) – Director, LSHTM (independent)
- Prof Charlotte Watts – Chief Scientific Adviser, DFID
- Prof Chris Whitty – Chief Scientific Adviser, DHSC
- Harriet Wallace – Director, International Science and Innovation, BEIS
- Prof Andrew Thomson – Executive Chair, AHRC (UKRI representative)
- Prof Fiona Watt – Executive Chair, MRC (UKRI representative)
- Prof Jeremy Farrar – Director, Wellcome
- Prof Melissa Leach – Director, Institute of Development Studies (independent)
- Prof Jo Beall – Professorial Research Fellow, LSE Cities, LSE (independent)
The SCOR Board is supported by UKCDR’s team, hosted by the Wellcome Trust in London. The Board convenes on a quarterly basis and has met six times since its formation in November 2017.
Further information will be shared in due course.
UKCDR Stakeholder Group
A stakeholder group comprising expertise from our wider members ensures we have a diversity of opinions and views from across the international development research sector.