What are the aims?
The HFF meets twice, providing an opportunity for funders to share information and best practice and to identify potential areas for joint working.
- Information sharing, sharing learning and best practices and staying up to date with current and future research activities, gaps and priorities in the UK global health research landscape.
- Increasing strategic overview awareness among the membership of challenges, activities and trends across the global health landscape.
- Providing an opportunity for member to receive updates from the Strategic Coherence of ODA funded Research (SCOR) Board and to feedback to the SCOR board when necessary.
- Identify opportunities for alignment of approach and identify and accept where approaches are different but complementary.
- Discuss (and possibly prepare) aligned response to major initiatives/reports
Who are the members?
Members are major UK government research funders including:
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC)
and all UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) councils.
UKCDR supported commissioning of a background paper and workshop in 2015 to support the Joint Health Systems Research Initiative call funded by DFID, ESRC, Wellcome and MRC.
In 2017/18, UKCDR convened two groups to support co-ordination of joint funder groups to discuss potential joint funding of maternal and neonatal health research.