Apply for funding to establish new partnerships or develop pre-existing collaborations with researchers in Canada on a project relating to combating antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
The International Partnering Award Plus (IPAP) scheme aims to:
- pump prime collaborations between the UK and Canada in antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- build readiness in the community to take on future joint opportunities.
Funding is available to build links with overseas researchers and technical specialists and for UK research costs. The IPAP funding opportunity is conceived to facilitate partnerships beyond what is possible with the International Partnering Awards (IPA) scheme.
Proposals should involve at least one or more of the following microbial reservoirs:
- farmed animals, including fish
- companion animals
- crops, including trees
- managed agricultural environments, including farm soils and animal housing.
BBSRC encourages the active involvement, including through proposal co-design, of UK and Canadian:
- industrial partners
- practitioners, such as farmers or veterinarians
- policymakers, including regulators, charities, government departments and industry associations.
Deadline: 6 September 2022