Widening energy access and securing reliable energy services is fundamental to the Government of Ethiopia’s Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II) to transform the country into a major manufacturing hub, and to address some of the intractable development and poverty challenges the country faces.
Following consultations with key government officials, donors and other energy stakeholders, EEG has identified proposed activities for its newest country programme, and is inviting research proposals relating to:
- Enabling agro-linked productive uses of electricity
- Linking commercial unit data to aid utility planning
- On-grid and off-grid planning and coordination
- Linking tariffs with user behaviour and strategies
- Barriers and opportunities for private sector participation
- Strategic planning: System rehabilitation & upgrade
- Energy planning and modelling
- Local renewable energy manufacturing opportunities
Proposals are welcome that address an entire research area, a sub-set of research questions in one area, or research questions spanning multiple areas.
Letters of Intent must be submitted to email@example.com by 31 July 2018.