The UK Collaborative on Development Research (UKCDR) has published three new country-level reports on Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa. The reports analyse the nature and reach of UK (ODA and Wellcome) funding for international development research and partnership activities between 2014-2019 in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa.
This is the first time the Strategic Coherence for ODA Research (SCOR) Board has commissioned such an extensive, high-level analysis in these countries. UKCDR’s reports provide a baseline of UK funding and collaboration in these three countries to underpin future activities under the UK Government’s new and distinctive commitment to work alongside, invest in and partner with African nations.
The country reports and key findings can be found here:
- UK research funding for development in Kenya
- UK research funding for development in Nigeria
- UK research funding for development in South Africa
We hope these reports will maximise the benefits of these important investments to improve coherence, visibility and equitable partnership, as well as ensuring they are led by national research priorities.
Specifically, data on funding related to Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa have come from the following organisations:
- Academy of Medical Sciences
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- British Academy
- Department for International Development
- Department for Health and Social Care (Global Health Research Team)
- Royal Society
- UK Research and Innovation
- UK Space Agency
We welcome the opportunity to present to key stakeholders on how these findings can help inform your future research partnership activities in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa.