In this video, the head of the Centre for Capacity Research at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) gives an overview of the unit’s five step approach to achieving autonomous, self-sustaining, problem-solving institutions and systems.
The five steps are:
- Define the goal of the RCS project and pathways to change
- Use evidence to define the ‘optimal/benchmark’ capacity needed to achieve the goal
- Determine existing capacity (baseline study); identify gaps compared to optimal capacity
- Devise and implement an action plan to fill the gaps
- Adapt the plan and indicators regularly
Watch the full video here